How much should I expect to pay for Emgality?

Prescription drug prices can be confusing. Two people may pay different prices for the same drug, depending on their insurance situation.

The list price1 of Emgality is $575.002 for one 120 mg prefilled pen or syringe, but the amount you pay will largely depend on your prescription drug insurance plan. The information below will give you a good idea of what to expect based on your insurance situation.

For the most accurate information, talk to your insurance provider who knows the details of your plan.

Which Option Below Best Describes Your Insurance Situation?

About 94% of Emgality prescriptions cost between $0-$25 per month, and the remaining 6% cost an average of $530 per month.3

What you pay for Emgality will depend on your insurance plan. Each plan has different preferred drug lists and out-of-pocket amounts, and most include an annual deductible. If you haven’t met your deductible, you’ll see higher prices until the deductible is met, and then your out-of-pocket cost will likely drop.

With the Emgality Savings Card, you may be able to get Emgality free for up to 12 months, even if your insurance denies coverage. Click here to learn more about the Emgality Savings Card.

For most patients with Part D coverage, out-of-pocket costs can vary throughout the year depending on which phase of the Part D benefit you are currently in. About 60% of Emgality prescriptions cost between $0 and $50 a month, and the remaining 40% cost an average of $275 a month. 4,5

Some Medicare patients qualify for extra financial support through the Extra Help program. If you are eligible for Extra Help6, you can expect to pay $3 - $9 for each prescription.7

If you are unsure whether you qualify for Extra Help and would like more information, please visit https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/medicare/prescriptionhelp/.

For most people on Medicaid, prescription drugs like Emgality range from $4-$9 per month.8 Some states offer even lower copays, or eliminate the copay requirement altogether.

To find out if you qualify for Medicaid, or for more information about copayments in your state, please visit: https://www.medicaid.gov/state-overviews/index.html.

If you do not have prescription drug coverage9 or your insurance does not cover Emgality, you can expect to pay the list price10 shown above, plus any additional pharmacy charges depending on where you purchase your medicine.

Want More Information?

If you have additional questions, call The Emgality Answers Center at 1-833-EMGALITY (1-833-364-2548), Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 8 PM ET. Although we won't be able to replace the advice of your healthcare provider, we'll do our best to help you.

Need Another Option?

Lilly donates medicines to the Lilly Cares Foundation, a separate nonprofit organization that helps qualified people in need receive Lilly medicines at no cost. Learn more at www.lillycares.com or by calling Lilly Cares at 1-800-545-6962.

1 List price is also referred to as wholesale acquisition cost or WAC. WAC is the price at which Lilly sells its products to wholesalers. A monthly supply of Emgality is defined as one 120 mg prefilled pen or syringe per month.

2 Source: Analy$ource. Accessed on January 11, 2019. Patients may have to pay a higher price than list due to additional pharmacy charges.

3 IQVIA FIA data, Amundsen Consulting analysis. Emgality Patient Average Final OOP Cost per Script by Channel. (October 2018). Accessed on January 11, 2019.

4 IQVIA FIA data, Amundsen Consulting analysis. Emgality Patient Average Final OOP Cost per Script by Channel. (October 2018). Accessed on January 11, 2019.

5 Emgality has only recently become available, and this cost information is based on a limited sample. Your out-of-pocket costs may change as insurance coverage improves.

6 Social Security Administration (SSA). Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs. https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/medicare/prescriptionhelp. Accessed on January 11, 2019.

7 Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Announcement of Calendar Year (CY) 2019 Medicare Advantage Capitation Rates and Medicare Advantage and Part D Payment Policies and Final Call Letter. Attachment V Final 2019 Benefit Design Parameters. https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Health-Plans/MedicareAdvtgSpecRateStats/Downloads/Announcement2019.pdf. Accessed on January 11, 2019.

8 Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Medicaid and CHIP Overview for Assisters. Maximum Allowable Copayments Determined by Eligible Population’s Household Income. Updated August 2018. **All out-of-pocket charges are based on the specific state’s defined payment amount for that service. Certain groups, including children, terminally ill individuals, and individuals residing in an institution are exempt from cost sharing. Refer to your state agency for details about Medicaid out-of-pocket costs. https://marketplace.cms.gov/technical-assistance-resources/fast-facts-medicaid-chip.pdf. Accessed on January 11, 2019.

9 Most consumers have some type of health insurance coverage that includes a prescription drug benefit. According to recent data, just under 9% of the total U.S. population is uninsured. (https://www.kff.org/state-category/health-coverage-uninsured/health-insurance-status).

10 List price is also referred to as wholesale acquisition cost or WAC. WAC is the price at which Lilly sells its products to wholesalers. A monthly supply of Emgality is defined as one prefilled pen or syringe per month.

Purpose & Safety Summary
PURPOSE and SAFETY SUMMARY

Important Facts About Emgality® (em-GAL-it-ē) injection. Also known as galcanezumab-gnlm.

Emgality is a prescription medicine used for the preventive treatment of migraine in adults. The medicine comes in a prefilled pen or syringe and is taken once a month.

Warnings
Do not use Emgality if you are allergic to galcanezumab-gnlm or any of the ingredients in Emgality.

Emgality may cause allergic reactions, such as itching, rash, hives, and trouble breathing. Allergic reactions can happen days after using Emgality. Call your healthcare provider or get emergency medical help right away if you have any of the following symptoms, which may be part of an allergic reaction: swelling of your face, mouth, tongue, or throat, or trouble breathing.
Common side effects
The most common side effects of Emgality are injection site reactions.

These are not all the possible side effects of Emgality. Tell your doctor if you have any side effects.

You can report side effects at 1-800-FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch.
Before using
Before you use Emgality, discuss these questions with your doctor:
❑ Do you have other medical conditions?
❑ Do you take other medicines? Tell your doctor about all the prescription and over-the-counter drugs, vitamins, and herbal supplements you take.
Tell your doctor if:
❑ You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
❑ You are under age 18. It is not known if Emgality is safe and effective in children.
How to take
  • Read the Instructions for Use that come with Emgality. There you will find information about how to store, prepare, and inject Emgality.
  • Use Emgality exactly as your doctor says.
  • If you miss a dose, inject it as soon as possible. Then continue to take it once a month from the date of your last dose.
Learn more
For more information, go to www.emgality.com or call 1-833-EMGALITY (1-833-364-2548) Mon-Fri, 9am to 8pm EST.

This summary provides basic information about Emgality, but it does not include all information known about this medicine. Read the information that comes with your prescription every time you have a prescription filled. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist about this information. Your doctor is the best person to help you decide if Emgality is right for you.



Emgality® is a registered trademark owned or licensed by Eli Lilly and Company, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. ©Lilly USA, LLC 2018. All rights reserved.
C-GZ-US-0290